Coconut water is not only a tasteful refreshing drink, but it’s also considered to be one of the best natural health drinks on the planet.
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) attest to the benefits of drinking coconut water when it fought for a patent in 2000 to market coconut water as the next Big Sports Drink.
Coconut water is almost identical to blood plasma and this makes it easy to use for blood transfusion. In cases of emergency coconut water has been used as an intravenous hydration fluid instead of the standard IV fluid. During World War II many wounded soldiers were saved in the Pacific because of emergency transfusion using coconut water as plasma.
Health Benefits of Coconut Water:
- Coconut Water is an Antibacterial. Coconut water contains monolaurin, an antiviral, antibacterial and antiprozoal monoglyceride that is used to kill lipid-coated viruses such as HIV, Herpes, cytomegalovirus, flu and various pathogenic bacteria.
- Coconut water is a universal donor, it is identical to the human blood plasma
- Young coconut water helps dissolve kidney stones by diluting your urine so that the various chemicals in your kidneys such as calcium, phosphates, uric acid, etc. are relatively easy to flush out of your system. This is because it is a natural diuretic and it increases the urine flow.
- Coconut water is great at reducing vomiting. People who have typhoid, malaria, fevers or other ailments that are known to induce vomiting drink coconut water to settle the stomach. Coconut water is also a good thing to drink during a hangover.
- Coconut water is very effective in treating intestinal disturbances in infants. It kills intestinal worms.
- Making coconut a part of the daily diet is recommended for those who have been troubled by kidney stones. When taken along with medication, it helps break up the stones, making it easier for the body to push them out.
- For all those people who are trying to lose weight, drinking coconut water would prove quite useful. This is because the drink increases the rate of metabolism, thus aiding weight loss.
- If you consume coconut water on a regular basis, it can reduce urinary problems. People who suffer from strangury, polyutra and other urinary ailments, drink coconut water to relieve their symptoms.
- Drinking coconut water keeps the body cool and at the proper temperature.
- Carry nutrients and oxygen to the cells.
- Revitalizes the reproductive system.
- Rich source of cytokinins. Cytokinins are plant growth hormones, which regulate the growth and development of plants. The interesting part is that cytokinins have an anti-aging effect on human cells and tissues.
- Replenishes Electrolytes, minerals & fluids lost from physical activities.
- Increases Metabolism
- Has saved lives in 3rd world country via Coconut IV
- Boosts Immune System
- Controls Diabetes
- Boosts Poor Circulation
- Balances ph level and reduces risk of cancer.
*****Young coconut water is best when you drink it FRESH!
Green or unripe coconuts can be found in Asian and/or West Indian markets. All coconuts that they sell are closed up to keep coconut water from losing its nutrients. So, if you plan on buying a coconut, you can ask someone to chop the coconut open or you can carefully open it yourself at home and drink.