TECHNOLOGY: Samsung smartphone explodes in man’s pocket

TECHNOLOGY: Samsung smartphone explodes in man’s pocket

 

Samsung smartphone EXPLODES in man’s pocket and sets his shirt on fire as he rolls on the ground after suddenly overheating

This is the terrifying moment a man’s smartphone explodes in his front shirt pocket.

Image result for Samsung smartphone EXPLODES in man's pocket pic

 

 

Hotel supervisor Yulianto, 47, was waiting in the lobby of the building when he suddenly felt the device heat up. He reached up to the phone in his front pocket but moments later it erupts in a fireball.

Image result for Samsung smartphone EXPLODES in man's pocket pic

 

CCTV captured the moment the mobile phone exploded and burst into flames at the Hotel Ciputra in Semarang, Indonesia, on Saturday, September 30,2017.

Yulianto falls to the ground as an onlooker rushes to help him. He then rips off his shirt while it is engulfed in flames. The hotel worker said he had never had problems with his 2013 phone before but suddenly felt it heat up.

He said: ”There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake. ”Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could.”

Police said that Yulianto was rushed to hospital where he was treated for minor burns on his chest. The injuries were limited by Yulianto quickly taking off his top.

He is said to have been using the Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS simultaneously causing the phone to overheat.

Agus Triatmojo, head of public relations at Central Java Regional Police, said: ‘The incident happened on September 30. The phone was a Samsung brand and Grand Duos model. The owner was Mr Yulianto, aged 47.

‘Mr Yulianto immediately removed his shirt after the phone exploded. He had no significant injuries.’

Samsung has been plagued by more than 100 incidents of exploding phones, causing it ot.

Jo Semidang, Corporate Marketing Director of Samsung Electronics Indonesia, told local media that they were now investigating the incident.

He said: ‘Consumer safety is our top priority, and we’ve contacted the consumer concerned to provide the necessary support, and we are currently investigating the device.’

Source:

Daily Mail

Related Post


What are your thoughts?