Supple, soft, and pink lips are something everyone desires – after all, they enhance the beauty of your face. But due to harsh weather, wrong food habits, and lack of proper care, our lips may lose their natural pink hue and turn darker. Do you want to get rid of your dark pigmented lips and get back the naturally soft pink lips? Need not to worry coz you can lighten dark lips at home.
If you want pinker, natural lips, all you need to do is reach out to your kitchen cabinet and soon you will realize getting pink lips is not a totally difficult task at all.
Here are some effective DIY steps to get back your naturally soft and pink lips.
Here are the steps and needed ingredients:
Remove the dark layer in the lips by using the homemade scrub. Start exfoliating your lips with a homemade scrub. You can whip up a natural homemade scrub using sugar, honey, and organic coconut oil. Simply add two tablespoons of white or brown sugar, one teaspoon honey, and one tablespoon coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients.
After applying it, massage the lips in a circular motion for a minute or two.
After massaging it, one’s lips will become smoother and softer. To rinse one’s lips use some washcloth wet with water just tap it slowly and dry it with a dry washcloth.
Use the homemade lip balm 3-4 times a day. Just mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 3/4 teaspoon of honey.
Image Style Presso
This can also be place in a jar or container. This lip balm should be applied if one’s lipe needs hydration.
During the night, take some oil from Vitamin E capsule and apply it to one’s lips.
Image You Tube
This can be really helpful and beneficial since it can make one’s lips good and better.
OTHER DIY STEPS TO GET NATURALLY PINK AND SOFT LIPS:
Most people are aware of cucumber’s magical skin lightening impact. But guess what – it not only works well on your skin but also on your lips. Applying cucumber juice is one of the easiest and most effective ways to get rid of dark lips.
Image Cucumber juice
3. Turmeric-milk paste
Turmeric is one of the key ingredients, which is not only required for cooking but also for natural beauty care. Take some turmeric and add a little milk to it to make a paste. Leave this paste on your lips to dry and wash it off for pink lips. Besides following the above tips, it is also important to take some preventive measures to ensure that your lips stay soft, pink, and healthy.
Image Beauty Glimpse.com
4.Moisturize your lips
To get rid of dry and flaky lips, regularly moisturize your lips. When you frequently moisturize them, you will notice that they will start looking soft and pink. For intense moisturization use a hydrating lip balm throughout the day and use a dollop of petroleum jelly before going to bed. You should always wear a lip balm with an SPF to protect your lips from the harmful UV rays in extremely sunny conditions. You can also use cocoa butter, olive oil or coconut oil for intense moisturization.
5. Use Rose Petal
You can use rose petals in different ways to get back that pink tinge on your lips. Crushed rose petals, when applied to your lips will give your lips a naturally rosy color! Or you can also use a rose petal, honey, and milk cream paste to scrub your lips twice a week. Another method is to soak rose petals in raw milk and grind the mixture to make a paste. Add honey and saffron to it and apply it twice a day. Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off to get a pretty pink flush.
Image DLT Beauty
6. Apply mustard oil to the belly button
An ancient remedy that has proven to be effective when it comes to taking care of lips is applying mustard oil to your belly button. It might sound bizarre but applying a drop or two of mustard out to your belly button before going to bed will give you naturally soft and pink lips by removing the dryness.
Here are the key things you must follow:
● Keep yourself well hydrated – it will help you get those beautiful pink lips. So drink a lot of water.
● Smoking is one of the biggest enemies of your lips and makes them really dark and lifeless. Avoid it for the sake of your health, as well as for the beauty of your lips.
● Too much of tea/coffee is not good for your lips as the caffeine in those beverages causes lips to get darker.
● Eat lots of fruits and vegetable as they provide essential nutrition for your body, skin, and lips too, making them naturally beautiful.
● Saliva contains many enzymes. Licking your lips more often would make your lips dry, so try not to lick your lips and apply a good moisturizer instead. Keep a small jar of lip balm of petroleum jelly handy all the time.
● You can use lemon juice to clean lips, but make sure you don’t allow the juice to sit there for more than 4-5 minutes, as lemon dries out your lips and is not really a good way to get pink lips. It could make your lips chapped. Instead, use sugar to exfoliate, and then moisturize using a small dab of petroleum jelly or any good lip balm.
● Olive oil can be used. But coconut oil gives you good results in just a week.
● The toothbrush’s bristles will exfoliate better than your hand massage.