OR YOU MAY TRY THIS RECIPE:
NO BAKE MANGO CHEESECAKE
Filipino Style Recipe: No-Bake Mango Cheesecake is another variety of soft and sweetened dessert. Like the usual cheesecake, it is consist of soft cream-cheese on hard biscuit crust then topped with mango glaze. Refrigerate until firm before serving.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-30 minutes(plus chilling time)
1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder(optional)
1 cup cream cheese
1 cup whipping cream or all-purpose cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
2 cups hot water
1 cup mango or mango puree
1. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed graham, cinnamon powder, sugar and butter then mix until well combined.
2. Mixture should be moist, add more butter if too dry.
3. In a molding pan, spread and press down the crust mixture up to 1/2 inch thick then refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
Part 2(Mango Glaze)
1. In a bowl, dissolved gelatin in hot water.
2. In a blender, combine mango, water and sugar. Blend until smooth. Strain to discard any fibers.
3. In a pan, combine mango mixture and dissolved gelatin then simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thicken.
1. In a bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth then slowly add sugar and whipping cream. Mix until well blended.
2. Combine cream cheese mixture and half of mango gelatin mixture. Mix well.
1. Pour and spread evenly the filling into the crust up to 1 inch thick then refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until firm.
2. Pour and spread the mango glaze on top then refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Serve Chilled.
OR TRY THIS RECIPE:
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
How to make No Bake Mango Cheesecake
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Chill Time: 1-2 Hours
- 100g / 3.5oz of Digestive Biscuits
- 50g / 1.75oz of Butter
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 1/2 a cup of Icing / Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 80ml / 1/3rd cup of Thick Cream
- The zest of a Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 2 Mangoes
I used 2 x 4″ / 10cm spring form tins.
To make 1 x 8″ cheesecake simply double the recipe above.
Watch the full Video Tutorial
- Place the biscuits into a bowl and crush them until they resemble fine sand.
- Pour on the melted butter and mix through.
- Line the base of the tins with baking paper.
- Divide between the two tins and press down firmly.
- Place in the fridge whilst you make the topping.
- In a bowl place the cream cheese and the sugar.
- Cream together until combined.
- Add the vanilla, lemon zest and juice.
- Stir through.
- Whip the cream until thick.
- Add the cream to the cheese mixture and stir through until combined.
- Use half of one of the mangoes and dice into small cubes.
- Add the mango to the mixture and gently mix through.
- Spoon the creamy mixture on top of the biscuit base and make the top smooth.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Once set remove the cheesecake from the tin.
- Slice the remaining mango very thinly and starting with the larger pieces, lay the mango around the cheesecake.
- Continue to lay the slices in rounds on to the cheesecake until you reach the middle and you have a pretty flower design.
- Your cheesecake is ready to eat.
- Yum! Yum!