Detox is one of those popular words you hear nowadays. But is it necessary? Some people say our bodies are perfectly capable of detoxifying the body naturally, and that’s good.
However, I believe in this toxin-filled world laden with chemicals, pollution and GMO-food, a detox can be pretty helpful to reduce the heavy toxin burden on your body!
There are a number of good ways to assist your body in its natural detox process. One of them is by drinking activated charcoal! It’s a powerful toxin magnet. It absorbs a lot of toxins, wastes and heavy metals from your body!
The Truth About Cancer: DETOX with activated charcoal
- The secret to an effective “whole body detox” might just be activated carbon (aka activated charcoal).
- Ancient physicians used regular charcoal for a variety of medical purposes, including treating epilepsy and anthrax. Today, beyond use in hospitals as an antidote for drugs and poisons, activated charcoal is a global remedy for general detoxification and intestinal disorders.
- The porous surface of activated charcoal has a negative electric charge that attracts positively charged toxins and poisons. It binds them, and escorts them out of your body through the elimination process of your intestines.
- Activated charcoal is completely odorless, tasteless, and safe to consume and can be purchased in handy capsules or tablets.
No matter who you are or what your goals are, you need to detoxify. Did you know the secret to an effective “whole body detox” might just be carbon? Actually,activated carbon (aka activated charcoal) is the more accurate term.
beautymunsta.com: What is Activated Charcoal?
First off, what is activated charcoal? It’s definitely not the coal used to light up your grill for barbeques! This potent substance is something different. It is obtained by heating charcoal made from wood, coconut, peat or coal with very hot air until it gets many microscopic pores on its surface.
These tiny pores are sponge-like, meaning they are extra adsorbent.Adsorbent means it binds to other substances.
Activated charcoal binds to toxins, wastes, impurities and heavy metals from the body.
That’s why activated charcoal capsules are given to people who’ve accidentally ingested poison or overdosed on drugs because it can suck it all up before it has a chance to leave the stomach. Activated charcoal also binds to nutrients if ingested together with food, medication or supplements!
: The History of Activated Charcoal
The first recorded use of charcoal for medicinal purposes was found in Egyptian papyri around 1500 BC as a method of staving off infection from open wounds. Since then, healers have used activated charcoal to soak up poisons and improve intestinal health through a process called “adsorption.” No, that’s not a misspelling. It’s important to understand the difference between absorption and adsorption. When something is absorptive, that means it soaks up other substances, but when something is adsorptive, that means it binds to substances. Activated charcoal actually uses a thin film on its outside surface to bind toxins and poisons.
Activated Charcoal Uses
Ancient physicians used regular charcoal for a variety of medical purposes, including treating epilepsy and anthrax. In the early 20thcentury, the development of activated charcoal sparked many medical journals to publish research revealing its effectiveness as an antidote for poisons. Today, beyond use in hospitals as an antidote for drugs and poisons, activated charcoal is a global remedy for general detoxification and intestinal disorders.
Image credit: The Truth About Cancer
How to Make Activated Charcoal Powder
You make activated charcoal by burning a source of carbon (wood or debris or coconut shells). The high temperature removes all the oxygen and activates it with gases like steam. Basically the process that creates activated charcoal (steam heating and oxidation) ends up creating an adsorbent internal lattice of very fine pores that capture, bind, and remove poisons, heavy metals, chemicals, bacteria, toxins, and intestinal gases which have thousands of times more weight than the charcoal itself.
It’s hard to believe, but just two grams of activated charcoal powder has about the same surface area as an entire NFL football field! The porous surface has a negative electric charge that attracts positively charged toxins and poisons; it binds them, and escorts them out of your body through the elimination process of your intestines.
Image credit: The Truth About Cancer
Detoxifying Your Body With Activated Charcoal
Toxins from low quality, GMO, processed food, and environmental pollution are real problems. It is important to help your body eliminate them to promote a healthy digestive system and brain. Chronic exposure to toxins produces cellular damage, allergic reactions, compromised immunity, and more rapid aging.
Regular use of activated charcoal can remove unwanted toxins from your body, leaving you feeling renewed and more vibrant − often in minutes! Activated charcoal helps unwanted bacteria move through your system faster before they spread and multiply, helping you feel better faster. In addition, activated charcoal flushes out all the toxic heavy metals (such as arsenic, copper, mercury, and lead) that are stored in your body, sometimes for decades.
The best long-term study on the detoxification benefits of activated charcoal was conducted by Professors David O. Cooney (University of Wyoming) and Thomas T. Struhsaker (Duke University). The two professors learned that the monkeys on the African island of Zanzibar eat charcoal from burned tree stumps in order to detoxify.
I understand if the idea of swallowing a spoonful of what is essentially ash may not tickle your fancy. However, activated charcoal is completely odorless, tasteless, and safe to consume and can be purchased in handy capsules or tablets. And it’s a powerful detoxifying agent to boot!
beautymunsta.com: Benefits of Drinking Activated Charcoal Powder
Here are some of the benefits of drinking activated charcoal powder:
- Helps detoxify the body
- Helps in cases of food poisoning
- Prevents hangovers
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Reduces intestinal gas
- Reduces bloating hence helps slim down your body
- Useful in treating drug overdoses
- Boosts your energy by clearing out toxins and oxidants
Image credit: beautymunsta.com
Precautions Before Drinking Activated Charcoal Powder
There is a right way to take activated charcoal powder that you must educate yourselves about before chugging down your activated charcoal drink! Here they are:
- If you’re taking medication, supplements, avoid taking activated charcoal powder. It’ll render them useless since it’ll bind to the nutrients/medicinal compounds in those substances.
- Take activated charcoal first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Wait at least 3 hours before eating anything after consuming the activated charcoal.
- Take activated charcoal on an empty stomach.
- Do not take large doses in the hopes that you’ll benefit more this way! No, it doesn’t work that way! Activated charcoal can bind to as much as 100 times its own weight! If you take a lot of it, it can make your detox process harsh and detrimental to your health since it will flush out important nutrients stored in the fat tissues in your body.
- Drinks a lot of water while taking activated charcoal to help flush out the toxins absorbed by and bound to the activated charcoal.
- Just 1-2 capsules added to your Activated Charcoal Juice/Lemonade is enough.
How to Drink Activated Charcoal Powder
This activated charcoal juice is easy to make yet it’s very effective! You should take it for a full week on an empty stomach 2-3 hours before breakfast. Yup, it’s a kinda tight rule, especially if you’re someone who wakes up so hungry you could eat the whole fridge.
BUT you mustn’t take activated charcoal together with food or within a short time before/after food. That’s because activated charcoal sucks up everything in your gut together with toxins including nutrients of the food you eat.
Also, don’t take this activated charcoal juice with any medication because it will render the medication useless – since once again, it’s going to suck it all up!
The best way to drink activated charcoal powder is by making a simple lemonade. Don’t add activated charcoal powder to green juices because all the precious nutrients in the vegetables and fruits used to make the green juice will not benefit you. That’s because they’ll be absorbed by the activated charcoal!
Ingredients You’ll Need
We’re not going to be using a lot of ingredients in this activated charcoal juice recipe because most of the nutrients will be sucked up by the activated charcoal!
Most green juice companies who add activated charcoal to their drinks don’t bother with this! If you drink their juice, you’ll still get some benefit since the juice contains fiber that helps get rid of junk in the colon. But the nutrients from all the veggies and fruits included aren’t as likely to benefit you because they’ll be absorbed by the activated charcoal! Don’t forget this before you pay a hefty price for your fancy green juice with activated charcoal (or should I say black juice) next time.
Okay, check out the ingredients in this simple detox recipe:
- Raw honey – This makes the drink palatable! You can also use any other sweetener of your choice like maple syrup or even stevia.
- A whole lemon – Lemon also has detoxifying qualities. It’ll help sweep out waste matter from your colon. It also adds a zingy flavor to your activated charcoal juice recipe!
- Himalayan pink salt – Add just a pinch to boost the flavor of your juice!
Activated Charcoal Juice Recipe
Image credit: beautymunsta.com
- 1 activated charcoal capsule
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1-2 tsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice from a whole lemon
- Slightly warm up the water then stir in the raw honey.
- Now twist open an activated charcoal capsule and pour the contents into your honey water.
- Squeeze the juice out of a lemon into the mixture.
- Add ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt.
- Stir your activated charcoal juice very well and it’s ready to drink!
- Remember, it’s not about the taste but about the wonderful detoxifying qualities so drink up and imagine all the nasties in your gut being sucked out by the powerful activated charcoal!
What do you think? Are you ready to try this activated charcoal juice recipe?
Image credit: Pinterest
Image credit: Pinterest