Cancer Cells Die in 42 Days: Austrian’s Juice Cured Over 45,000 People From Cancer And Many Incurable Diseases!
TREATMENT RATING: This cancer protocol is rated ONLY as being effective on newly diagnosed cancer patients who do not have a fast-growing cancer and their cancer has not spread significantly!! If you are an advanced cancer patient who has had a lot of chemotherapy, radiation or surgery or you have a potentially fast-growing cancer, do not use this protocol, use one of the protocols linked to on this web page:
Chapter on Treatments Rated For Advanced Cancer Patients
“To my mind, healing means returning a malfunctioning human body to full unrestricted function, NOT to remove parts of it by operation or amputation.”
–Rudolf Breuss (1899-1991)
Rudolf Breuss was a healer from Austria, an educated man who had an incredible understanding of, and love for, his fellow human beings. Born in 1899, he turned his attention to finding an alternative and more gentle treatment for cancer and other diseases than that offered by conventional medicine. It was a simple German book written over 300 years previously that expounded the value and use of fruit and vegetable juices which was to capture his attention and direct his work for the rest of his life.
Rudolf Breuss from Austria has dedicated his whole life to finding the best natural cure for cancer.
He made a special juice that gives excellent results in the treatment of cancer. With the help of this method, he has cured more than 45,000 people with cancer and other incurable diseases. According to Breuss, cancer can survive only with the help of proteins.
Breuss maintained that cancer, whenever it occurs in the body, feeds and grows from protein. He therefore deduced that if one fasted for what has now been confirmed as an ideal period of 42 days, during which various herbal teas and juices are taken to detoxify, cleanse and eliminate, the cancer would starve, be absorbed and subsequently pass out of the body one way or another. Radical thinking that flew in the face of the accepted medical wisdom, but is now used all over the world and known as the Breuss Total Cancer Treatment.
How the Breuss Total Cancer Treatment Works
Note: The Breuss Total Cancer Treatment includes both the complete “cancer diet” and the complete “cancer treatment.”
The Breuss Total Cancer Treatment is a very rigid diet of fruits, vegatables and herbs that a person takes in liquid form for 42 days. Because cancer cells have a very different metabolism than normal cells, the Breuss diet is designed to starve the cancer cells to death by not providing any solid food proteins. But the diet does not harm normal cells.
Therefore, he developed a special eating program for a period of 42 days, during which you should drink only tea and special vegetable juice, whose main ingredient is beetroot. During these 42 days, the cancer cells starve and die, while the health of the entire body improves.
The Breuss Total Cancer Treatment
The book that details the Breuss diet,The Breuss Cancer Cure, has sold over 900,000 copies, been translated into five languages, and claims to have led to over 45,000 testimonials from cured sufferers. Both the book and the diet are still actively being used.
The Breuss diet is based on a 42 day fast, but the definition of “fast” used in the Breuss diet actually includes certain types of foods, such as raw fruits and vegetable juices, all taken in liquid form.
Raw fruit and vegetable juices have always been used and recommended in natural medicine as part of the healing system for many ailments and chronic complaints. Raw juices contain antioxidants and living enzymes that science has identified as an imperative part of everyone’s diet if they wish to stay healthy and maintain a defense against all the toxins of today’s environment.
It is against this backdrop that Rudolf Breuss developed his Total Cancer Treatment, utilising the therapeutic properties of vegetable juices and herbal teas that have been implicated in the cure of many types of cancer.
The theory is that cancer cells can only live on the protein of solid food. Therefore, if you drink nothing but vegetable juice and teas for 42 days the cancerous cells die while the normal cells continue to thrive.
The Breuss Tea mix and a specific mixture of organically grown carrot, beetroot, celery, Chinese radish and potato worked wonders on his patients. His mixture provided, in liquid form, all of the minerals and vitamins required by the body during the 42 day fast, whilst the body’s own resources are used in dealing with the diseased tissue. Testimonial after testimonial confirmed that his treatment worked.
The same blend of the Breuss Vegetable Juice is used in all manners of diseases, taken for a lesser period of time or with food, depending on the severity of the condition. Breuss’s book outlines cures for a variety of ailments – serious and those not so serious.
Various cancers, leukaemia and prostate disorders – even hay fever and infertility – have a cure according to Breuss!
When he was in his eighties, Breuss was taken to court by the Austrian medical fraternity who considered his simple and inexpensive cure to be too simple and inexpensive! He was acquitted when his defense lawyer, a cancer sufferer cured by Breuss, presented an entourage of cured patients who all attested to the success of his Total Cancer Treatment. The Austrian President, Rudolf Kirchschlaeger, even intervened on his behalf!
It is easy to see why Hilde Hemmes was so inspired when she heard his story. “Rudolf Breuss was a shining example of what a natural healer should be and he has been an inspiration to me. I have tried his six day vegetable and herbal tea cleansing diet and recommend that everyone should give their bodies a rest every six months. I felt absolutely fantastic and re-energised” said Hilde, who often works 14 hours a day.
Rudolf’s juice is made only from ecologically grown vegetables. This juice can be made at home from home-grown vegetables, and it contains :
- Beetroot (55%),
- Celery root (20%),
- Carrots (20%),
- Radishes (2%),
- Potatoes (3%).
RUDOLF BREUSS CANCER TREATMENT – Ingredients, application and dosage
Rudolf Breuss, a healing practitioner from Austria developed the following cancer treatment with good results.
Cancer can only live on the protein of solid food. Therefore, if you drink nothing but vegetable juice and teas for 42 days the cancerous tumor dies off while the body continues to do well.
This therapy can be done with either homemade juices or with fermented vegetable juices from a health food store.
Do not drink more than half a liter a day. The cocktail is made up with beets, carrots, celery roots, black radishes and potato.
300 grams of Red Beets
100 grams Carrot
100 grams Celery root
approximately 30 grams Black Radish
The potato is optional except for liver cancer where it plays an important part.
Mix all these vegetables in a juicier and then strain to get rid of any sediment. Any solids may provide a breeding ground for cancer. ,BR>Before starting the cure try one quarter liter of juice per day with your normal meal. Take this juice by the spoonful.
Don’t swallow right away and salivate it well. The instructions are to take one half cup of cold kidney tea first thing in the morning.
Then 30 to 60 minutes later take two cups warm herb tea made from St. John’s Wort, Peppermint and Lemon Balm. After another 30 to 60 minutes take a little vegetable juice and salivate well before swallowing.
Fifteen to 30 minutes later take another sip of vegetable juice. You should take some juice 10 to 15 times throughout the morning but only when you feel like it.
In between, drink warm or cold sage tea without sugar, as much as you like. At noon take one half cup of kidney tea and again before retiring at night. In the afternoon take a few sips of tea.
Any liquid should be sipped and well salivated. Kidney tea should be taken only during the first three weeks of the treatment. Along with this and throughout the time of therapy drink one cup of cold Cranesbill tea (geranium robertianum) per day.
Cranesbill contains a little radium. Sipping small quantities of tea and juice stimulates the flow of saliva and reduces the workload of the intestines.
For cancer of the bones and lungs, prepare a tea of Plantain (plantago major), Icelandic Moss, Lungwort, ground Ivy and Mullein. It does not matter if you can’t get them all.
Steep for 10 minutes and drink as much of this tea as you like, the more the better. In the case of tuberculosis you should also take one teaspoon of plantain seed along with a little water or tea.
During the complete treatment you should not take any food other than the vegetable juice mixture.
Just remember not to overdo it with the consumption of the juice, drink as much as your body requires.
Beetroot is abundant in antioxidants, C, B1, B2, B6 vitamins, folic and pantothenic acid, and the minerals – potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron, zinc, beetroot is considered to be one of the most health beneficial vegetables. The red color in beets comes from magenta pigments known as betacyanins.
A number of studies have confirmed beetroot is extremely beneficial in treatment against leukemia and cancer.
First of all, beets are abundant in betaine, which is an amino acid with powerful anticancer properties. Plus, it’s a strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxification agent. Studies confirm that betaine destroys cells in the tumor tissue.
Beetroot can be used for the treatment of many types of cancer and the findings of one study revealed that 100% of subjects suffering from cancer positively responded to beet treatment.
It’s beneficial for pregnant women because it contains high levels of folic acid. It boost the function of the liver and gall bladder, preventing constipation. It helps with headaches, toothaches, dysentery, bone problems, skin issues and menstrual pains. It’s a true all-purpose medicinal plant which should be an indispensable part of every diet.
Rudolf Breuss was also one of the cancer pioneers who was persecuted by his country’s medical establishment:
“At 80 years of age, Rudolf Breuss has been sued by the Austrian Medical College which considered this treatment to be too simplistic and too cheap to have any results. He was acquitted when the defense lawyer, a former cancer invalid cured by Breuss’ method, presented all the lists with cancer patients’ names that had all been cured and that were living proof of the success of his therapy, “Total Cancer Treatment.” The president of Austria at the time stepped in on his behalf”:
The Breuss Cancer Cure is a 42-Day Vegetable-Juice/Tea Feast invented by Austrian (European) Naturopath Rudolf Breuss that eliminates cancer- producing proteins & allows the body to heal itself:
“Bruno Vonarburg, a Swiss biochemist who is the author of “Medicines from the Earth,” has looked at the Breuss Cure and says, “Given that proteins feed the development of cancer, I can see the advantages of following a treatment based on vegetable juice: the daily provision of proteins is stopped, and since the organism can live without them, the blood, which is drawn to proteins, clears the body of everything that’s superfluous – growths, matter and tumors. In a way, the “red [beet] juice” performs a carefully dosed, non-surgical operation.” I like that!
And I’m guessing the radishes in the Breuss-Juice provide the “hyperthermia” aka “natural radiation” factor that other protocols provide via cayenne/capsacin, hot peppers, etc.
CancerTutor thinks Breuss protocol “…works because cancer cells are very inefficient at processing glucose and other sugars and that the formula literally starves the cancer cells to death by depriving them of glucose and other sugars. Normal cells can survive on much less glucose and other sugars because they are much more efficient at processing these items.”
However, CancerTutor rates Breuss as only “being effective on newly diagnosed cancer patients who do not have a fast-growing cancer and their cancer has not spread significantly!! If you are an advanced cancer patient who has had a lot of chemotherapy, radiation or surgery –or– you have a potentially fast-growing cancer, do not use this protocol, use one of the protocols linked to on this web page:
It is important to note that you should not exaggerate with the juice, but you should take as much as your organism needs.
Beetroot is a traditional and well-known cure for leukemia. These vegetables contain amino acid betaine, which have anti-cancer properties. The therapy of beetroot, which involves daily intake of beetroot juice or grated raw beetroot, has a proven positive effect on leukemia and many other types of cancer, as evidenced by thousands of people.
Also regular consumption of beetroot helps against diseases caused by oxidative stress, and beetroot’s fiber can lower blood cholesterol levels by up to 40%. Beetroot is also great for normalizing the blood pressure and helping to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels. If we consume it every day beetroot also prevents and treats varicose veins. The iron from beetroot is a powerful tool for cleansing the body of toxins and blood building. Therefore, beetroot is very effective in the treatment of many diseases caused by toxins.
Beetroot is especially recommended for pregnant women, because it is rich in folic acid, which prevents many diseases of newborns. Also, beetroot juice stimulates the liver and gall bladder, and prevents constipation. Combined with carrots, beetroot is an excellent remedy for gout, kidney and gallbladder. But its healing properties don’t stop here; beetroot also helps with headaches, toothaches, dysentery, pain in the bones, with skin and menstrual problems.
Supercharging This Treatment
Because no one is quite sure why his diet works, you might not want to supercharge his diet and simply do it his way. It is your call, but before you make a decision please read the link below on sugar and cancer. However, there is no question that ionized water would be very helpful, and could not do any harm while on this diet. However, I would not mix ionized water with the formula, I would use natural water for that. I also would not take the ionized water within an hour of taking the tea (both an hour before and an hour after). As with any tea it should be sipped slowly over time.
If you do want to enhance the diet, filteredgreen tea(filter to make sure there are no particles) and filteredEssiac Teaare natural enhancements to the Breuss diet. I mentiongreen teaandEssiac Teabecause his diet seems to be low in cancer cell killing agents and there is nothing wrong with killing the cancer cells as they become weak.
Another very logical supplement that will not interfere with the Breuss treatment is Protocel. Protocel is taken in very low doses and lowers the voltage of cancer cells, weakened by the Breuss diet.
Immediately after you stop the Breuss treatment you should immediately take two or three of these products in order to quickly build up the nutrients lost during the diet:
- Vibe by Eniva,(Vendor)
- Essense Health Blend,(Vendor)
- Tahitian Noni Juice,(Vendor)
- XanGo Mangosteen,(Vendor)
- Berry Young Juice, fromYoung Living(wolfberry orGoji juice)(Vendor).
These products should be purchased during the diet to insure they are ready for the day after the diet is finished.
After the 42 day fast, if your cancer symptoms are not gone, you should go on a “Stage III” or “Stage IV” alternative cancer treatment. See the home page for links to these articles.
Because of the 42 day fast, a massive amount of family support will be needed for anyone on this diet. It may be necessary for someone to call the person on this diet every hour or so. Because this diet is starving the cancer cells to death, it is absolutely critical that no extra foods be taken. This is an “all or nothing” type of diet. If you make a major slip, I would definitely add the filtered green tea or filteredEssiac teaor both. Protocel could also be considered.
h3Don’t forget the three phases of an alternative cancer treatment program, mentioned in the tutorial./h3
“Successful if you follow it 101 percent” — September 10, 2007 By J. Bridges: “There is no margin for error with this system, you must follow it to the letter, to the detail, to every precise instruction and ingredient or you will not find success. You also need extreme mental willpower to endure it for 42 days, but the shining thought should be that it is worth it to save your life.
“My mother was diagnosed with terminal Ovarian cancer and she cleansed it from her system, completely healed from following this program to the letter. The drug companies wants you to buy their expensive drugs to deal with cancer, they are a sickness industry (with the doctors being their salesmen) that thrive on profit, not a wellness industry. I recommend this program with all my heart.”
BREUSS CANCER CURE
Abstract and key points
- The Breuss Cancer Cure includes a 42-day fast in combination with special vegetable juices and teas.
- There is no acceptable evidence to support the Breuss Cancer Cure as a cancer treatment.
- The fast could cause malnutrition and patients are advised to discontinue conventional cancer treatment.
The core of the Breuss Cancer Cure is a rigid diet, which consists of a 42-day fast in combination with special vegetable juices and teas. Additional recommendations are included, for instance, to avoid so-called water veins. According to Breuss’s theory, cancer requires solid food to survive in the body.
The claims of efficacy are not supported by acceptable evidence and there are no reliable scientific data to support the claimed mode of action.
It is likely that the recommended fast could be dangerous for cancer patients because there is a potential risk of general malnutrition. As Breuss bans conventional cancer treatment while patients undergo his treatment, there is a risk that patients will discontinue conventional treatment.
Scientific examinations of the benefits and dangers of Breuss Cancer Cure are lacking.
What is it?
The core of the Breuss Cancer Cure is a rigid diet consisting of a 42-day fast in combination with special vegetable juices and teas. Additional recommendations are included, for instance, to avoid so-called water veins.
Rudolph Breuss was born in Austria in 1899. He first worked as an electrician, and later as a naturopath. He developed the Breuss Cancer Cure or Breuss Total Cancer Treatment.1-3 Breuss died in 1990.4
The treatment is described in three books written by Breuss,1-3 but it is not clear whether the publishers have changed, added or left out original statements. For example, the English translation of Breuss’ book does not mention that he did not allow radiation treatment and injections concurrently with his treatment.2 Further amendments were written by Thomar.5,6
Breuss rigidly stipulated that cancer patients are not allowed to drink or eat anything other than the juices and teas he recommended for a period for 42 days. He gave strict instructions about the preparation and ingestion of specific juices and teas. Juices include beetroot, carrots, celeriac, black radish and potatoes in cases where the patient has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver. All vegetables had to be organically grown and vegetable sediments were to be removed. The maximum ingested amount of juice was 500 ml per day.
Breuss allotted three teas for all types of cancers: “sage tea”, “kidney tea” and “cranesbill tea”. “Sage tea” includes Salvia officinalis (sage), Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s wort), Mentha piperita (peppermint) and Melissa officinalis (balm) in a specific ratio. The tea could be taken as desired. “Kidney tea” includes horsetail Equisetum arvense (balm), Urtica dioica(stinging nettle), Polygonum aviculare (knotgrass) and Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s wort), at a special ratio and to be taken only for the first three weeks. “Cranesbill tea” includes Geranium robertianum (red cranesbill) and only one half cup of cold tea should be ingested per day. For special types of cancer, additional teas are recommended. The use of sugar was not permitted.
In cases of leukemia, patients would have to drink the recommended teas and juices, but could eat anything else with the exception of meat soup, beef, pork and reheated food 1,3 (the English translation mentions beef soup, pork, chemical food additives, burnt food and fats 2).
Breuss further stipulated that patients should not start the Breuss Cancer Cure immediately after surgery, but should wait for at least two to five months. No concurrent treatments were permitted during the treatment. He recommended fresh air and exercise, and smoking should be stopped. Furthermore, the patient should not be lying above so-called “water veins” (sources of ground radiation) and should avoid moth powder, insecticides, aerosol cans or air fresheners in the house. Breuss stated that patients who had completed the Breuss Cancer Cure should never again eat reheated food, but could be allowed to gradually start eating salt-reduced, light food, and should drink approximately 60 ml of the vegetable juice per day for another two to four weeks.
Additional instructions were added in 1987 1,2: patients should have one or two bowls of onion broth a day (only the liquid). To support the heart, patients should take 20 to 40 drops of Crataegus oxyacantha (hawthorn) tincture. People with diabetes should continue insulin treatment.
Instructions published in 1990 1: for substitution of calcium and potassium, patients should drink a tea made from Plantago lanceolata (plantain lance), Plantago major (broad-leaved plantain), Cetraria islandica (Iceland moss), Pulmonaria officinalis(lungwort), Glechoma hederacea (ground ivy), Verbascum thapsus (mullein) and Ligusticum mutellina (Meum mutellina herb). Patients with liver or gall bladder problems should drink a broth of bean pods instead of onion broth.
Claims of efficacy
Breuss claimed that since 1950 he has successfully treated more than 2000 patients. He estimated that since 1986, an additional 40 000 patients with cancer and other “incurable diseases” had been healed by the used of his methods. As proof he cited testimonials and letters of thanks written in the period from 1971 to 1985.1-3 Breuss claimed that treatment failures could only occur if his instructions were not strictly adhered to.1-3 He believed that about one million people could be healed, “if the so-called cancer research and the orthodox medicine would be with me instead against me.”1
Mechanism of action/alleged indications
Breuss postulated that cancer cells live exclusively on solid foods (“…the only patients that died were patients that were given something to eat.”).1-3 He claimed that cancer cells are not able to feed on vegetable juices and cancer cells die if patients only ingest vegetable juices and special teas for a period of 42 days. Breuss quoted Bruno Vornarburg who said that the carcinogenic process feeds on proteins and that a tumor can not continue to exist if the patient lives on a protein-free diet.1-3 Furthermore, Breuss claimed that after a protein-free diet, the body attacks and destroys the tumor like “surgery without a knife”. Breuss believed his intervention was not only a cure, but that it also served preventively against cancer.1-3
Prevalence of use
Although the book the “Breuss Cancer Cure” was translated into Chinese, Croatian, English, French, Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbian and Spanish,1,2 no exact data on prevalence of use have been published. Internet searches located several patients reporting their experiences with the treatment,6-9 and an Internet homepage reported 122583 visitors between August 2004 and the beginning of December 2010.6 The Internet search also identified one physician 10 and two spa hotels 11 offering the Breuss treatment.
The juices are produced and promoted by Biotta INC.12 and can be purchased in health food stores, drugstores and over the internet. The required 21 litres cost €131 or more. Costs for teas are additional. Spa hotels offer the Breuss Cancer Cure for around €2600 to €4700, or more.10
Does it work?
There is only one small clinical trial – involving eight cancer patients with metastatic diseases – that has investigated the “Breuss Cancer Cure”.13 The study did not use a control group. The authors reported two complete, and two partial remissions and that the patients felt better than expected during the intervention and had experienced less pain. During the trial, one patient died, and two died shortly after completion of the trial. The authors did not attribute the deaths to the intervention. It was claimed that if that trial had been designed as a conventional phase-1-study, it would produce results showing Breuss to be an effective treatment with minor toxicity for patients with advanced cancer. No further studies have been published.13 Thomar is currently looking for people who have reported success with the “Breuss Cancer Cure”, in order to carry out a retrospective study.6
Jungi stated, without presenting data, that tumors usually become smaller during a fast but after resuming the consumption of nutrition, grow more quickly.14 Pfortmueller put forward similar statements, but without providing any empirical data.15
Caloric restriction (undernutrition without malnutrition) delays the incidence of various types of tumours and decreases their growth.16-29 Tumours can be sensitive and resistant to dietary restriction.30 Starvation (fasting) is a form of malnutrition. It has no beneficial effects on tumor growth, but tumor growth might be stimulated during an acute fast.31-41
Is Breuss Cancer Cure safe?
There is a lack of published information regarding the safety of the Breuss cancer treatment. Senn and Jungi reported on several patients in whom the Breuss cure had led to a rapid and dangerous cachexia.42 Douwes et al. observed weight-loss in the range from 9 and 16 kg.13 This reported malnutrition constitutes a substantial risk involved with the Breuss method. Malnutrition has a known negative effect on morbidity, mortality, hospital stay and quality of life for cancer patients.43 44 45The “Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Onkologie” and the “Schweizerische Krebsliga” published documentation on the Breuss cure in which they referred to the publication of Senn and Jungi and advised against the method.46 47 As Breuss forbade any conventional cancer treatments, patients could potentially be turned away from possibly beneficial conventional cancer treatments.
K Krumwiede, Markus Horneber , CAM-Cancer Consortium. Breuss Cancer Cure [online document]. http://www.cam-cancer.org/The-Summaries/Dietary-approaches/Breuss-Cancer-Cure. January 26, 2016.
Assessed as up to date in January 2016 by Barbara Wider.
Assessed as up to date in January 2015 by Barbara Wider.
Assessed as up to date in August 2013 by Barbara Wider.
Last updated in by March 2012 by Karl Krumwiede.
Updated and revised in January 2011 by Karl Krumwiede.
Fully updated and revised in October 2009 by Karl Krumwiede and Markus Horneber.
Summary first published in November 2005, authored by Karl Krumwiede and Markus Horneber.
- Breuss R. Krebs – Leukämie und andere scheinbar unheilbare Krankheiten mit natürlichen Mitteln heilbar. Mebus; 1990.
- Breuss R. The Breuss Cancer Cure. Alive books Canada; 1995.
- Moerman C, Breuss R. Krebs – Leukämie und andere scheinbar unheilbare Krankheiten – mit natürlichen Mitteln heilen. 12 ed. Freiburg i. Br.: Aurum in J. Kamphausen Verlag; 2004.
- Merk J. Wangen im Allgäu. 2005.
- Thomar, J. H. R. Die Krebskur total nach Rudolph Breuss richtig gemacht. 2008. Eigenverlag J.H.R. Thomar Pullendorf.
- Mit der Breuss Kur…., http://www.breuss-kur.de, and Keine Operation. Keine Chemo. http://www.krebsweghungern.de(accessed on 1 March 2012).
- Krebsheilung mit der Breusskur. http://www.krebscafe.de/blog/2008/09/10/krebsheilung-mit-der-breuss-kur/ (accessed on 1 March 2012).
- Prostatakrebs, http://www.butterbach.net/prostata.htm (accessed on 1 March 2012).
- …den Krebs in 42 Tagen weghungern, http://www.krebs-gesundfasten.de/ (accessed on 1 March 2012).
- Kroiss-Cancer-Center, http://www.dr-kroiss.at/krankheiten/krebs.html, and http://www.gesundwerden.at/krebs.html(accessed on 1 March 2012).
- http://www.fasten-zentrum.de/seiten/Fasten/Fastenart_Breuss-Fasten.html, and http://www.stilles-haus.de/gesundheitsurlaub/fasten-heilfasten/fasten-nach-breuss.html (accessed on 1 March 2012).
- Biotta AG, http://www.biotta.ch/en/products/classic/breuss, (accessed on 1 March 2012).
- Douwes FR, et al. Hat das Fasten in der Therapie von Tumorpatienten einen Sinn? Teil 2. Krebsgeschehen 1984;6:141-9.
- Jungi WF. Diättherapie maligner Tumoren. In: Oepen I editor. An den Grenzen der Schulmedizin. Köln: Deutscher Ärzte Verlag; 1985p. 123-42.
- Pfortmüller, J. Breuss´sche Saftkur gegen Krebs. Neue Luzerner Zeitung , 1. 2003.
- Berrigan D, Perkins SN, Haines DC, Hursting SD. Adult-onset calorie restriction and fasting delay spontaneous tumorigenesis in p53-deficient mice. Carcinogenesis 2002;23(5):817-22.
- Leary MP, Jacobson MK, Phillips FC, Getzin SC, Grande JP, Maihle NJ. Weight-cycling decreases incidence and increases latency of mammary tumors to a greater extent than does chronic caloric restriction in mouse mammary tumor virus-transforming growth factor-alpha female mice. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2002;11(9):836-43.
- Ruggeri BA, Klurfeld DM, Kritchevsky D, Furlanetto RW. Caloric restriction and 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-induced mammary tumor growth in rats: alterations in circulating insulin, insulin-like growth factors I and II, and epidermal growth factor. Cancer Research 1989;49:4130-4134.
- Thompson HJ, Zhu Z, Jiang W. Protection against cancer by energy restriction: all experimental approaches are not equal. J Nutr 2002;132:1047-1049.
- Cleary MP, Hu x, Grossmann ME, Juneja SC, Dogan S, Grande JP, Maihle NJ. Prevention of mammary tumorgenesis by intermittent caloric restriction: does caloric intake during refeeding modulate the response? Exp Biol Med 2007;232(1):70-80.
- Pugh TD, Oberley Td, Weindruch R. Dietary intervention at middle age: caloric restriction but not dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate icreases lifespan and lifetime cancer incidence in mice. Cancer Research 1999;59:1642-1648.
- Mai V, Colbert LH, Berrigan D, Perkins SN, Pfeiffer R, Lavigne JAet al. Calorie restriction and diet composition modulate spontaneous intestinal tumorigenesis in Apc(Min) mice through different mechanisms. Cancer Res 2003;63(8):1752-5.
- Zhu Z, Haegele AD, Thompson HJ. Effect of caloric restriction on pre-malignant and malignant stages of mammary carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis 1997;18(5):1007-1012.
- Weindruch R, Wlford RL. Dietary restriction in mice beginning at 1 year of age: effect on lifespan and spontaneous cancer incidence. Science 1982;215(4538):1415-1418.
- Kritchevsky D. Caloric restriction and cancer. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol 2001;47(1):13-19.
- Kritchevsky D. Caloric restriction and experimental carcinogenesis. Hybrid Hybridomics 2002;2:147-151.
- Tannenbaum A, Silverstone H. Nutrition in relation to cancer. Adv Cancer Res 1953;1:451-501.
- Cheney KE, Liu RK, Smith GS, Leung RE, Mickey MR, Walford RL. Survival and disease patterns in C57BL/6J mice subjectes to undernutrition. Exp Gerontol 1980;15(4):237-258.
- Hursting SD, Lavigne JA, Berrigan D, Perkins SN, Barrett JC. Calorie restriction, aging, and cancer prevention: mechanisms of action and applicability to humans. Annu Rev Med 2003;54:131-152.
- Kalaany NY, Sabatini DM. Tumours with PI3K activation are resistant to dietary restriction. Nature 2009;458(7239):725-731.
- Tomasi C, Laconi E, Laconi S, Greco M, Sarma DS, Pani P. Effect of fasting/refeeding on the incidence of chemically induced hepatocellular carcinoma in the rat. Carcinogenesis 1999;20(10):1979-83.
- Goodgame JT, Jr., Lowry SF, Reilly JJ, Jones DC, Brennan MF. Nutritional manipulations and tumor growth. I. The effects of starvation. Am J Clin Nutr 1979;32(11):2277-84.
- Goodstein ML, Richtsmeier WJ, Sauer LA. The effect of an acute fast on human head and neck carcinoma xenograft. Growth effects on an ‘isolated tumor vascular pedicle’ in the nude rat. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1993;119(8):897-902.
- Hikita H, Vaughan J, Babcock K, Pitot HC. Short-term fasting and the reversal of the stage of promotion in rat hepatocarcinogenesis: role of cell replication, apoptosis, and gene expression. Toxicol Sci 1999;52(2 Suppl):17-23.
- Hikita H, Vaughan J, Pitot HC. The effect of two periods of short-term fasting during the promotion stage of hepatocarcinogenesis in rats: the role of apoptosis and cell proliferation. Carcinogenesis 1997;18(1):159-66.
- Premoselli F, Sesca E, Chiara M, Binasco V, Tessitore L. Fasting/refeeding enhances the crypt multiplicity in rat colon carcinogenesis induced by azoxymethane. Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 1996;72(9-10):239-45.
- Sauer LA, Nagel WO, Dauchy RT, Miceli LA, Austin JE. Stimulation of Tumor Growth in Adult Rats in Vivo during an Acute Fast. Cancer Res 1986;46:3469-75.
- Sauer LA, Dauchy RT. Blood nutrient concentrations and tumor growth in vivo in rats: relationships during the onset of an acute fast. Cancer Research 1987;47:1065-1068.
- Torosian MH, Daly JM. Nutritional support in the cancer-bearing host. Cancer 1986;58:1915-1929.
- Laconi E, Tessitore L, Milia G, Yusuf A, Sarma DS, Todde P, Pani P. The enhancing effect of fasting/refeeding on the growth of nodules selectable by the resistant hepatocyte model in rat liver. Carcinogenesis 1995;16:1865-1869.
- Tessitore L, Tomasi C, Greco M, Sesca E, Laconi E, Maccioni O, Ramo R, Pani P. A subnecrogenic dose of diethylnitrosamine is able to inhibite hepatocarcinogenensis in the rat when coupled with fasting/refeeding. Carcinogenesis 1996;17:289-292.
- Senn HJ, Jungi WF. Krebskur total. Schweiz Ärztezeitung 1979;34:1678-80.
- Inui A. Cancer anorexia-cachexia syndrome: current issues in research and management. CA Cancer J Clin 2002;52(2):72-91.
- Zürcher G. Medikamentöse Strategien zur Gewichtszunahme bei kachektischen Patienten. Akt Ernähr Med 2002;27:398-407.
- Maltoni M, Caraceni A, Brunelli C, Broeckaert B, Christakis N, Eychmueller Set al. Prognostic factors in advanced cancer patients: evidence-based clinical recommendations–a study by the Steering Committee of the European Association for Palliative Care. J Clin Oncol 2005;23(25):6240-8.
- Krebskur total nach Breuss. Dokumentation Nr. 2. Schweiz Rundsch Med 1987;76:1165-6.
- Schweizer Krebsliga. Krebskur-total nach Breuss. Dokumentation Schweiz Gesellschaft [2 D]. 1982. Bern, Schweizerische Krebsliga.
The present documentation has been compiled by the CAM-CANCER Project with all due care and expert knowledge. However, the CAM-CANCER Project provides no assurance, guarantee or promise with regard to the correctness, accuracy, up-to-date status or completeness of the information it contains. This information is designed for health professionals. Readers are strongly advised to discuss the information with their physician. Accordingly, the CAM-CANCER Project shall not be liable for damage or loss caused because anyone relies on the information.
Comment Re: Breuss Cancer Cure
“…a friend phoned me and I told her what I was doing. She responded, “I know about these German vegetable-juice diets. I cured my mother of a final-stage, generalized cancer with a diet like that, and she lived for another twelve years, completely well. She died, but it wasn’t of cancer – just old age.”